02 June 2013

Beauty Boxes: Bella Box May 2013

Once again I have to apologise for posting my review long after receiving the box! Life just gets in the way sometimes. So let's move straight into the What I Got part of the post:



❀ Lonvitalite C4 Coconut Milk Hydrating and Nourishing Facial Mask, sample 1 piece.
I am in loooove with cloth face masks and I've enjoyed the Lonvitalite products I've received before, so I'm looking forward to using this one soon! I like that the masks are colour-coded and numbered for various different skin concerns.

❀ Suigo Absolute Volume Keratin Treatment, sample size 100ml.
I haven't heard of Suigo before, but I'm impressed already with their generously-sized sample pot. Unfortunately my hair is extremely thick, not "fine [and] lifeless", so it doesn't really suit me. It could do with "shine and a light hold" though, so I'll give it a go anyway.

❀ Bloom Shadow Liner in Emerald Green, full size 0.4g
Yay, a Bloom product! This innovative wedge-shaped liner can be used for either precision lining or wide sweeps of colour. I have swatched it below and you can see the beautiful shimmering green colour with just a hint of gold. This is the sort of colour I would definitely wear! The pencil is a twist-up design, and unlike many cheaper designs, twists back down again too, to protect the tip. Lovely.


❀ La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel AND Duo, sample sizes 3ml AND 15ml.
These products from the cult French brand are paraben-free and are designed to clear oily skin. Strangely enough, I have found my skin has been getting more oily over the last few years as I have gotten older, not less. So I'll certainly be using these products very soon!

❀ Manicare Duo Mascara Brushes, full-size pack of 10.
The pack contains 5 volumising and 5 curl-effect disposable mascara brushes. I suppose these could come in handy in certain circumstances - if you had a mascara that had a great formula but a terrible brush, for example. Or if you wanted to share your mascara with a friend. I can't really see any use for them myself, though. To be honest, Husband and I could probably put them to better use cleaning our computer keyboards or some other fiddly task.

❀ Sanctuary Spa Covent Garden Brightening Facial Illuminating Moisture Lotion SPF 15+, full-size 75ml.
This generously full-sized product retails at $19.95. Sanctuary Spa Covent Garden is a UK brand that is paraben-free and isn't tested on animals. The brightening effect appeals to me, however I'm a bit paranoid with my sun protection, and I prefer the SPF factor of my daytime moisturisers to be at least 30+. That way I'm more confident of the protection lasting at least until lunchtime. I'll probably use this on dull days so at least my skin will be bright, even if the weather isn't!

❀ BONUS: Nanoblur, sample sachet 2ml.
I saw this at Priceline a few months ago, and I tried it out on the fleshy part of my hand where I have a few wrinkles. It actually worked! Of course, the effect isn't permanent: the optical effect just reduces the look of wrinkles for a few hours, rather than actually getting rid of them. But it actually works! The irony of the situation is: I don't have wrinkles yet. Even when I'm very tired, it tends to come out as under-eye circles rather than wrinkles. So I have no use for this product (yet!). The other irony: it could be insulting if I offered this to a friend or relative! So I'm not sure what to do with it. It's nice though, to be given a product that I know works.


Summary: This month's Bella Box was quite generous and contained a good mix of products. I was excited to receive the Bloom and Lonvitalite products, and will certainly use most of the rest. Overall, it's not spectacularly exciting, but it's a good, solid offering.
Gunna Use It ASAP Rating: 62.5% (5 out of 8)