23 June 2013

Beauty Boxes: Bella Box June 2013

My Bella Box came this week, just one day after my Lust Have It box! I feel so decadent! The theme for this month's box is "Girl's Night In, Girl's Night Out". I like the theme, and I think it is articulated well (as they'd say on Iron Chef!). So without further ado, on to the products!:


✔ EmerginC Vitamin C + Retinol Mask AND Hyper-Vitalizer Cream, sample sizes 3ml each.
I've received EmerginC products before (different ones) and really liked them. Unfortunately they're quite expensive, but they're definitely on my list of 'I'd buy it if I won Lotto' products. I love the innovative sachets as well, which are made of sturdy cardboard and stand up on their own. I'd like to try these soon.

✔ Toni&Guy Meet Wardrobe Creative Texturising Glue, full-size 100ml.
I had to laugh when I saw the name of this product - who wants to put glue in their hair?? (Although I think that's how dredlocks are made, so perhaps some people do...) I've become increasingly frustrated with my frizzy hair lately, but normally I'm too rushed or too lazy to do anything about it. Having lots of fun hair products to experiment with will hopefully motivate me to do something about it!

✔ Montagne Jeunesse Passion Peel-Off Mask, trial size 1 pc / 5ml.
This pomegranate and passionfruit peel-off mask sounds like fun. I haven't used a peel-off mask for years; they remind me of my teenage days! According to the packet, "you'll be amazed to see how many dead skin cells show up on the masque after use!" They must know I'm a girl who likes to see visible results. ツ Montagne Jeunesse is proudly not tested on animals.

✔ Simple Kind-To-Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes, sample pack, 7 pcs.
I've used Simple products before, and they are what they say they are - no-frills, perfume-free, good for sensitive skin. These are a basic that I'll definitely use at some point.

✔ Circa Home Everyday Soap in Vanilla & Cocoa Butter, full-size soap.
I was glad to see this soap in my box, with its pretty packaging and sophisticated scent. I received a Circa Home soap a few months ago (Lilac & Orchid that time) and it was long-lasting as well as delicious-smelling.

✔ Natio Nail Colour in Valentine, full-size 15ml.
This product isn't listed on the card, so perhaps it was a last-minute addition. It's a lovely deep red with slight orange overtones in the bottle, though they sweeten up to pink on the nail. My nails are in blech mode at the moment, they need a rest, but perhaps I'll do a Nails of the Week in a couple of weeks.

✔ StreetStar Cosmetics StreetGloss Lip Gloss in Sandy Pink, full-size.
Unfortunately when I unboxed this lip gloss, my first impression was that the tube looked really cheaply-made. The Maybelline gloss that I received a few months ago, which has a very similar design, compared much more favourably. It's a bit of a shame, because the product itself is actually great! I did a bit of a swatch to show:


The colour pay-off is great, and the crushed pearls are so shiny. The formula isn't sticky at all, and doesn't make my lips feel dry. It stayed on even after I drank a coffee. The company is all-Australian, based in Melbourne, so I'd love to see them do well. If they can use a tube of the same quality as the glamorous box it comes in, I think they'll have a real winner!

Summary: I was very happy with this months' Bella Box. There are 7 products (8 if you count the EmerginC products separately), and 4 of them are full-sized. I'll be using every single one of these products sooner or later, which I can't say about every box! There was a good mix of face, body, hair, nails and makeup products. Bella Box was definitely the stand-out this month.

Rating: 9/10
Gunna Use It Right Now Rating: 75%