31 January 2013

Beauty Boxes: Lust Have It January 2013

My January Lust Have It box finally arrived yesterday! I was starting to see reviews popping up on other blogs and was worried something might have happened to it. Despite living in a metropolitan area, I often seem to receive it a bit late. Never mind, it's mine now!
The first thing I noticed about the box is that it's bigger than normal. Exciting! Inside there was a special cardboard box with a magnetic closure. This must be the collector box that was promised late last year! It's beautiful, I love the colours, and it's a good size for storing lots of different things.

It contained:


* Lush Cosmetics Emotional Brilliance Eyeliner in Motivation, full size.
A product from Lush's New Emotional Brilliance Range, and a full-size one, no less! Of course I'd heard about Lush's Cosmetics range when it first came out a few months ago. It was all over the beauty blogs, and I subscribe to their emails, too. I was very curious, but at RRP $24.95 a go, a little hesitant. Especially because you're supposed to choose the colour by spinning the wheel! I'm just not that spontaneous! Yet this gorgeous blue colour and its name appeal to me. I really could do with some 'Motivation' right now. And I've been wanting to experiment with liquid eyeliners (I bought a brown one from Daiso recently which I haven't shown you yet). To sum up, I was excited to see this product!

* Nude By Nature BB 5-in-1 Miracle Cream in Medium Tone, full-size.
As I mentioned in my last post, I'm a bit suspicious of Western BB creams, but I'm glad to get to try another one. And this is a full-sized tube. It's much more generous than Bella Box's 5ml sachet (I know I promised not to compare different brands of box, but sometimes I just can't help it.) The medium tone will probably be too dark for my fair skin, but as it's summer I just might be able to get away with it.

* Lust Have It branded Kabuki Brush.
This brush looks very beautiful and I'm looking forward to trying it. Lately I've started applying my morning BB Cream/Foundation with a brush instead of my fingers. The main advantage to this is it saves time in the mornings - I don't have to go into the bathroom and wash my hands before finishing my morning routine. Whether or not I use less product or there are other advantages, I'm not sure yet! It's also fun to use a brush - I feel more grown up and sophisticated. =)

* Klorane Pomegranate Shampoo & Conditioner for Colour-Treated Hair, sample sachets 10ml each.
Well, I don't know if it's a coincidence, but this product is just suited for my constantly-dyed hair. Plus, I love pomegranate in all its forms. I'm really looking forward to trying these.

* Avene Clenance Gel Cleanser, Cream Exfoliant and Anti-Shine Moisturiser, sample bottles ___ml each.
Again, I'm happy to receive these three generously-sized sample bottles. I was really impressed with the Avene eye makeup remover, so I'm looking forward to trying some of their other products. The Clenance range is for sensitive skin; even though my skin isn't particularly sensitive, I appreciate products that don't have too many chemicals.

Summary: I was thrilled when I opened up this month's box - two full-sized makeup products, some relevant hair products and a generous sampling of skin things. Even though there are 5 products listed on the card, some are grouped together so there's actually 8 separate items. There was no splitting up of products to make the offering seem more generous like has occurred in the past (this month's Bella Box being the most recent example I can think of. This actually makes it seem more generous rather than less, in my opinion. The value of this box is somewhat over $55, which is very good for recent boxes.
In short, I really love this box!


Gunna Use It Right Now Percentage: 75%
Box Rating:
9/10