01 September 2012

Empties August 2012



I don't have so many empties this month. I was too busy to pamper myself much, or make a conscious effort to use up samples like I have in past months. Nevertheless, here's what I did use up:

My Beauty Diary Mexico Cactus Mask [not shown] - this was the first in my box of 10 that I got from YesStyle. It had a lovely fresh green smell and was very relaxing to use. I'm looking forward to using the rest.

Dermalogica Sheer Face SPF15+ Moisturiser (sample sachet) - it smelled nice, faintly like lavender, but I prefer 30+ in my sun protection moisturisers. I kept saving it for days when it was really cloudy or I wouldn't be going outside much. I'm a bit paranoid about the sun! I won't get the full-size of this one.

Natural Selections Escapism Beauty Bars in Wild Berries & Alpine Tulip [not shown] - This was the first in a packet of 2. It smelled lovely and I'm very glad I have another one stashed away.

Pure Scents Soap in Chamomile Tea (sample size) [not shown] - this was very tiny and quite old (moisture had seeped into it), so I didn't get much of a chance to experience it before it disappeared down the drain.

Aloe Vera Hotel Guest Soap - just another tiny hotel soap. I can't even remember where I got it. The performance was standard.

True Solutions All Day Tinted Moisturising Cream SPF30+ (sample size) - this was a very generous sample size bottle, and it lasted for ages. I used it a lot on the weekend, when I didn't want to bother with full foundation or BB Cream. The formula was a little thick, but I really liked the tint: it gave my skin a lovely glow. The full price is very expensive I believe though, so unfortunately I'll probably give it a miss.

The Body Shop Body Scrub in Pink Grapefruit - I've had this for a very long time and finally decided to use it up. It had a lovely zingy scent which really woke me up, and had lots of scrubbing power. I can't remember if it was a full-size or a gift-size, but I wish the container had been bigger!

Pure Fiji Coconut Milk and Honey Body Butter (sample size) - Oh My Gosh. The smell of this was absolutely divine. I almost swooned whenever I unscrewed the lid. Then when I could smell it on my skin after applying it (and it lasted a while), it made me feel happy and calm. It was nice and thick and had good moisturising effect as well. I know I'm going on, but honestly this stuff is in my Top 5 Best Smelling Products! (Don't ask me what the other 4 are right now, because I only just made that up!) Sadly, it's pretty expensive ($29.95 for a 250ml pot), but next time I feel like a treat, this is what I'm ordering.

So there's my August wrap-up. My posts haven't been very regular lately, and I apologise for that. I've been very busy at work and focussed on other things. Poor blog: neither of my beauty boxes for August are up yet, let alone any reviews. I've got a bit of catching up to do! So there'll be a bit of posting spam for the next week or so until I get back into regular posting. See you soon!





P.S. I realised after I edited the picture that I haven't finished the Dove Soap yet. Oops! I will talk about that next month after I've actually finished it.