03 September 2012

Beauty Boxes: Bella Box August 2012

I received the August Bella Box about half-way through August (apologies again for the late review!) This month's theme is 'Go Green', pampering yourself while staying eco-friendly. Sounds good to me!



◆ Luk Beautifood Lip Nourish, full-size
Apparently this brand of lipstick is so new, they haven't even had a chance to whack a label on it yet, so I don't know what the shade is called. It's a deep but sheer, shimmery cocoa-plum. I don't normally wear lipstick, so I baulked at first, but it's so sheer that it might be a good introduction to colour for me. The lemon and mint scent is nice and zingy, too.

◆ Lush Ro's Argan Body Conditioner, sample size 45g pot
I've discussed my ambiguous attitude to Lush previously, but at least they don't test on animals! This body moisturiser smells lovely, though difficult to describe. (Is it the argan oil?) I'm looking forward to trying it.

◆ Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion, sample size 29ml
I used to use the Aveeno hand cream, and it was dull but worked well. I'm expecting the same from this. Aveeno products are tested on animals.

◆ EmerginC Phytocell Moisturiser and Kombucha Cleanser, 3ml each
I received the same products in my Lust Have It box in April. A girl doesn't forget these things! They were quite good products, so they won't go to waste. But I also remember that I received 2 moisturiser sachets in the LHI box, whereas here there's only 1 of each. Hm!

◆ Aurora Spa Rituals Rose Otto & Nettle Clarifying Shampoo and Burdock & Rose Revitalising Conditioner, sample size 50 ml each
These bottles are at least enough for a couple of applications on my long, wild hair, and with rose in the ingredients, they smell absolutely wonderful. These babies are coming into the shower with me! They are Australian-made and -owned, and not tested on animals.

◆ Phytocare Citrus Burst Daily C, 3.7g sachet x2
Keeping your insides beautiful is important too, and these Vitamin C sachets will go a long way towards that, I'm sure. The daily dose is 1-2 sachets, so this will give me a small taste.

Summary: This month's box was quite passable. There were two body products, but they were balanced out with some cosmetic, hair and face care content. It was also a good mix of new/indie brands and familiar faces. I probably would have listed the Vitamin C sachets as a bonus product but, meh. The value was all right, nothing to complain about. There was only one full-sized product (the lipstick), which was a little disappointing. The thing that really irked me about this box was the ""Bonus Product"", a You Me & Everybody Bodhi Me Hand Wash. This wasn't included in the box because it was too big: it comes for free with purchase from the Bella Box online store. I'm sorry, but I think that's a little bit cheeky. It's a bonus when you buy extra stuff from the store, not the core subscription box. Surely they could think of a less sneaky way to encourage people to buy stuff from the store, like free shipping or a discount code. And it's only a hand wash, for sheesh sake! RRP $5.99! I didn't bother. So they get a point off from me for that. Otherwise, I'm happy.

Total Value: $48.59. Cost of Box: $15.00. Benefit: $33.59
Rating: 6/10