19 May 2013

Beauty Boxes : Lust Have It April 2013

I need to apologise again for the lateness of my box review! I received this box about 2 weeks ago, and the reason for the delay isn't because I didn't like it! I've just been very busy lately. I did like this box, and again it came in a beautiful patterned keepsake box, which I found handy to keep my fountain pens in. So without further ado, let's see what I got:


❖ Gosh Cosmetics Mono Eyeshadow in Aubergine, full-size.
Gosh Cosmetics comes from Denmark and according to the card, their eyeshadows come in a vast range of colours. It looks good quality and it does sound intriguing. Unfortunately, I already have several eyeshadows in dark purple shades (not least of which is the e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow I received in my LHI Autumn Eco box last month), so I don't think I'll keep this one. I would have preferred a nice light versatile neutral, personally.

❖ Rachel K Mineral Colour Control CC Cream, Original and Neutral Sample Sachets (2 of each).
CC Cream is the latest thing to come out of Asia, just when the West was starting to get used to the idea of BB Cream! I'm a massive sucker for Asian beauty products, and when I first heard about CC Cream last month (the CC stands for Colour Control), I wanted to get my hands on some badly. And here it is in my Beauty Box! I haven't heard of Rachel K before, but apparently it's a Singaporean brand started by former Miss Singapore Universe winner Rachel Kum. I tried the Original CC Cream this morning, and it seems similar to the BB Creams I've used, but with a few subtle differences. The cream is pink rather than tan, and seems to bring my freckles and discolourations back to my natural skin colour, without adding any new colour or glow. It's hard to draw any conclusions when each different brand and formula of BB Cream seems to have slightly different effects! I'll see if I can rustle up a proper review next week.

❖ Remedica Richesse Vanilla and Shea Body Butter, sample pot 50ml (estimated).
I have so many body creams, lotions and butters that I think my cupboard is going to burst at the seams! This is one of the nicer ones I've received, though. The formula is thick and luxurious, yet sinks in quickly without being greasy, and it has subtle nutty and citrusy scents to it. I will look forward to using this one!

❖ Pink Tiger Cosmetics Nail Tools: Buffer and Lint-Free Gauze.
I'm sure these practical tools will come in handy for keeping my nails neat and tidy. It's nice to receive, not just another nail polish, but some tools I can use for those times when I need to give my nails a rest.

❖ Be In Awe Cosmeceuticals Amala Clearing Serum, sample size 5ml.
I remember getting some Be In Awe products in one of my boxes last year, and they were to die for! The clearing serum is just what I need at the moment for my crazy breaking-out skin. I'll be putting my current moisturiser aside for a while to give this a go. Be In Awe is an Australian brand.

❖ Goldwell Dualsenses Ultra Volume Conditioner, sample size 75ml.
It's unusual to receive just a conditioner sample, not a set of shampoo and conditioner, but this 75ml bottle is a very generous sample. It should be enough for a few applications, even on my crazy long hair! This formula is designed to give fine hair volume, and I don't really have a need for that with my thick, boofy hair. The watermelon and bamboo scent does sound very enticing, though.

Summary: This month's box was a solid mixture of makeup, face, body and hair care products. I had a good feeling about it. It was unfortunate that one of them I had little use for, but that was just my colour preference rather than anything intrinsic to the product. On the other hand, receiving the CC Cream was very exciting! Overall, I do like the April box.

Rating: 8/10
Gunna Use It Right Now Rating: 67%