29 March 2013

Bella Box March 2013

I'm not too much in the mood for writing at the moment, but I wanted to share my March Bella Box items with you before too much time passes! I received the box over a week ago, so I'm very slack. Here it is:


❖ Ocean Essence Coconut Body Milk, full (travel) size 20ml.
I'm a bit surprised to find that this body lotion doesn't have much of a smell to it, of coconut or anything else. If anything, it smells faintly of cough medicine. I'll probably use up the tube all in one go anyway. The Body Milk is paraben-free. The RRP for this 20ml travel size tube is $4.95.

❖ SimuOlive Hydrating Shower Gel, sample size 50ml.
I don't have too many shower gels, but I like using them as a change from soap, so I'll probably crack this open soon. The extra-virgin olive oil in this product is well-known for its moisturising properties. This brand is made in New Zealand and not tested on animals.

❖ Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Toilette, sample vial {size not specified}.
I do love a perfume, and this one is floral and romantic just with a hint of spicy sophistication. I have never sampled a Guerlain perfume before. 'Little Black Dress' is well-named, I think. I can see myself wearing this to a special dinner or an afternoon at the art gallery.

❖ DB Designer Brands Lip Pencil in Nude, full size.
I don't use lip pencils, so I won't even be opening this. I don't wear lipstick that often, and when I do, I just tend to whack it on before I leave the house, and don't bother re-applying. I just switch to lip gloss or balm for the rest of the day. So having a coloured line on my lips for the rest of the day would look a bit weird! DB is a bit of a cheapie brand anyway, so I'm not too fussed that it's a product I won't use.

❖ Yes to Carrots C Me Shine Lip Gloss in Playful Nude, full size.
I already have a Bloom lip gloss in exactly the same shade as this, so I don't see the point in even opening it. My Bloom one still has plenty of life in it, so perhaps I'll give this away. If it was a more interesting shade (according to the card there were 4 different shades) then I might want to give it a go. Yes to Carrots is not tested on animals.

❖ BONUS PRODUCT - Swisse Active Energy Bar, 60g.
It's nice to get a bonus product, and I'll probably eat this soon as I'm starting to exercise more now that the hot weather is mostly gone. I don't mind getting food as a bonus item. It's probably more likely to appeal to a wider range of subscribers (not counting allergies, etc.) than some of the other bonus items I've received before. I've seen the bars at Chemist Warehouse and might be more likely to buy them now if I like the sample.

Summary: This month's box was a bit boring in my opinion. I was really only excited by the Guerlain perfume. Though there was a fairly good mix of different products, there are 2 that I definitely won't use, so that was quite disappointing. Bella Box has been a bit hit-and-miss lately, and I'm starting to re-think my subscription. There's always the fear, though, that as soon as I unsubscribe, I'll miss out on something really amazing! Hmmm!

Gonna Use It Right Now Score: 33%
Rating: 6/10