21 April 2012

Lust Have It Beauty Box: April 2012

After trying to find time all week to pick up this month's Lust Have It Beauty Box from the post office, I finally had time this morning. I'd been absolutely itching to get another box, so it was quite agonising, I can tell you! I also read some very interesting news yesterday - Lust Have It have acquired GlossyBox (the one I unsubscribed to last month, remember?). I guess I wasn't the only one who thought that GB wasn't quite up to scratch? If I had still been a GB subscriber, the email assured me, then my subscription would have been automatically transferred to Lust Have It so I could continue to receive uninterrupted sample-y goodness.
Umm... have they heard of the right to privacy? Have they heard of asking? I would have been really PO'ed if it had happened to me. No more ranting about GB though, they're out of my life forever. The field of beauty box companies in Australia is now reduced to 3. Interesting times ahead.
Anyway, here is April's Box. The products came inside a pretty blue makeup pouch (making it a little hard to photograph, sorry about that!). The pouch is lined and seems quite sturdy; I think I'll use it to keep my smaller samples and sachets in, so I'm happy about that.



I Nuovi Professional Glitterati in Blonde Fever, full-size pot.
This seems to be a multi-purpose glitter that you can use on your eyes, face, body and even nails, with a topcoat. The colour I received was gold. The other colourways, according to the card, seem to be blue and purple. I'm really not a glitter kind of girl, but I might try it next time I go to a party or something?
Conscience time: I Nuovi Professional is an Italian company. It does not test on animals.

emerginC Phytocell Moisturiser and Kombucha Cleanser, cleanser 3ml; moisturiser 3ml x2
I do love skin care products, and these look very interesting. It's one of the first 'cosmeceutical' brands I've had the chance to try. The full sizes are quite pricy, so it's a brand I wouldn't have tried normally. I'm glad to have received these. I like the shape of the sachets, too. They have a base so that they stand up on their own. It's the little things that can sometimes make a difference!
Conscience time: I believe it's a U.S. company, but their website was vague on that. They don't test on animals.

De Lorenzo Elements Ocean Mist Sea Salt Styling Spray, full-size bottle.
Of course, I've heard of sea salt sprays, but never really thought of using them. Normally I like my hair to be smooth and silky, not textured and messy. However, I was going to a garden party today, so I thought why not give something a different a go? Yes, this ended up being a same-day-trial product. And I really like it! I'd just assumed that it wouldn't have much effect, as my hair normally baulks at anything I try to do to it. But I ended up with messy textured waves that looked beachy cool. Wow! I may well purchase this product again.
Conscience time: De Lorenzo is an Australian company, founded by an individual (actually, two brothers). It does not test on animals.

True Solutions All Day Tinted Moisturising Cream SPF 30+, 20ml sample size bottle.
I already have a tinted moisturiser, but I thought I'd try this out for the garden party and this ended up being a same-day-trial product, too. The product was very thick in consistency: if my skin hadn't been warm and damp from the shower, I might have had some trouble blending it in. However, I liked the tinting: subtle but not so much as to be invisible. As for the 'all day' claim, I can't really say as I don't have problems with skin going dry anyway. It was quite a good product and I'll definitely use it up. And because it was made in Australia, where we have strict standards for SPF products, I don't have to worry that it might not have the full spectrum of ingredients to protect my skin from the sun. (I'm still concerned after reading the review of the Sheer Cover product on the Beautypedia website.)
Conscience time: The website was a little confusing, but I think the company was founded by an Australian. It's definitely made in Australia. It does not test on animals.

Spa Fresh Blends Romantic Discovery Bath Salts, sample sachet, estimate 50g.
Supposedly these bath salts smell like sweet orange, bergamot and ylang ylang. Sounds good! I don't take baths very often anymore (the bathtub in our new place is shallow and gets dirty very easily), but I might have to make an exception to give this a go.
Conscience time: Spa Fresh Blends was founded by an individual. Its animal testing status is not listed on its website.

Summary: Yes, this was a pretty good box. The makeup didn't enthuse me at all, but there were some other exciting skin and hair care products. Only 2 of the products were full-sized, but the value of the box was up there with the best.

Total Value: $72.70. Cost of Box: $14.95. Benefit: $57.80
Rating: 7/10