23 April 2012

Last Month's Beauty Boxes: Looking Back on March 2012

Hi all! This is a new feature where I look back on my beauty boxes for the previous month and see whether I really did use the products in them. Previously I would edit my old posts and make notes on what I thought of the products, but I became dissatisfied with this way of doing it. I mean, aside from the blogger who wrote them, who goes back and reads old blog posts anyway? シ

So here we go with the March 2012 boxes (click on headings to see original reviews):

Lust Have It
Davroe Moisture Senses Argan Oil - haven't opened this yet, but very much looking forward to using it once I've finished my Garnier Smooth n Shine Serum (I'm phasing out Garner products due to their animal testing status).
Karpati DITO nail lacquer in Midnight Romance - used this on my toenails. Normally polish on my toenails lasts a couple of weeks, but this started to chip after only a few days. Unfortunately seems to be quite bad quality.
1Skin Solutions Lip Balm in Vanilla - in my lipbalm stash and next in the queue!
Kosmea Replenishing Moisture Cream - haven't opened this yet, but I just adored the exfoliant so very much looking forward to using it once my Jurlique Night Cream is finished. P.S. I was excited to see Kosmea products at Priceline and Chemist Warehouse recently!
Mirenesse Pearl Crush Creaseless Eyeshadow in Tahitian Pearls - love, love, love this! I use it all the time. The shadow is extremely pigmented and stays on all day.


Mirenesse Pearl Crush Creaseless Eyeshadow.
(Mine was a different colourway to this.)
From Pinterest.


I Love This Box
Essie Nail Polish 'Carry On' Autumn Collection in Lady Like - have only used this once, soon after I got it, but I adore it and will definitely use again. It was very long-wearing.
Maybelline New York XXL Pro Curl Mascara - have not opened yet, but will use when my current Maybelline mascara goes manky.
Sunsilk Co-Creations Frizz & Weather Defence, Weather Protection & Shine Serum - haven't opened yet. I've received a lot of hair products lately, so I'm not sure when I'll get around to it.
Thalgo Soft Hydrating Emulsion - I've been using this regularly. I like the sea salt smell and it makes my skin soft.
Glitter Puff Wand - not a product that you use, really. It's currently decorating my makeup station.


Thalgo range.


GlossyBox
Proactiv Cleansing Body Bar - Husband and I both used this bar, but after only a few days, we threw it away because it was giving us pimples and his back became very oily.
Eau Thermale Avene Thermal Spring Water - put this aside, may or may not use it. I do use a facial spritzer at work, but it has calming essential oils in it. This has nothing. Hm.
Nougat London Tuberose & Jasmine Nurturing Hand Cream - currently using. However, it sets off my eczema. (I'm bad like that: I'd rather use something up than throw it away, even if it's bad for my eczema.)
KMS California Free Shape Hot Flex Spray - currently using. I occasionally need to straighten my fringe, so I use it then.
Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream - currently using. Love the smell (very similar to Jurlique's exfoliating cream, actually) and makes my skin smooth. Not sure if it truly cleanses well, though.