22 December 2011

December Glossybox Beauty Box

A couple of days ago, I received my December Glossybox Beauty Box. I was pleasantly surprised, as I wasn't expecting it to come before Christmas. The cat seemed intriged by it, too!:



Source: Uploaded by user via ApartmentCat on Pinterest.

Here it is:


Source: Uploaded by user via ApartmentCat on Pinterest.


It was packaged in an impressively sturdy cardboard box. There was a candy cane, just like the Lust Have It box, but a full-size one this time! It contained:

Tigi Bed Head Manipulator, full size jar.
I was thinking of getting a new hair product, but this gloopy stuff isn't it. I touched my finger to it and got sticky stuff everywhere - and it was also hard to wash off! I can't imagine using this, and I don't know anyone that might use it, so it's pretty much useless.

Clinique Turnaround Overnight Radiance Moisturiser, 7ml jar.
Clinique is a brand I've wanted to try, but haven't due to the exhorbitant price tag. A quick sniff revealed practically no smell .... boring! I don't think 7mls is really enough to determine whether it has a beneficial effect. I have so many face creams now that I don't know when I'll get around to using it. So it's interesting, but not thrilling.
Beautypedia Verdict Summary: Does what it says on the box to some extent, however is unnecessarily expensive and the jar packaging results in contamination and lessening of effects.
28-JAN-12 edit: I've been using this every night for the last couple of weeks, and I think my skin feels noticeably smoother. I'm still aware that the jar packaging is not good for the product though, so I wouldn't buy a full-size jar.

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme, 50ml tube.
Yes, now this is something I really want! I love John Frieda products, and I've been thinking of buying an anti-frizz serum as my hair's been particularly crazy lately. I'm looking forward to trying it.
28-JAN-12 edit: I used this a few times on humid days and I have noticed the difference. It's not perfect, but much better. It smells good, too.

Carmex Moisture Plus Lip Balm full size tube.
A lip balm, little bit boring. I already have so many, I don't need more! But this is the first SPF lip product I've tried which didn't smell or taste disgusting. In fact, it smells lovely and made my lips lovely and soft. So I may well get it again.

Auscreen Sunscreen Lotion, 30ml tube.
Sunscreen? Hardly a luxury item! I already use this brand. I guess it's good to have a small size tube to carry in my handbag.

Summary: Although I was excited by the Frizz-Ease, overall I was pretty disappointed. The sun protection products will come in handy, but they're hardly exciting. Apparently some of the other subscribers received a perfume sample or a full-size Sally Hansen nail polish in their boxes. Also disappointing was the value of the products - a benefit of only $35 compared to $45 and $54 for the Lust Have It boxes I've received. I've decided to give the boxes a 4-month probation period, so hopefully it'll improve next month. According to recent reviews, the I Love This Box box is pretty good.

Total Value: $50.87 Cost of Box: $14.95. Benefit: $35.92
Rating: 5/10